My SMART Goals

Through careful consideration I have developed a personal goal for developing my programming skills. Specifically, I want to practice my problem solving abilities through programming problems. Websites like codingbat would help greatly in improving such skills. I also hope to develop my own android application within the next few years (possibly before graduation).

A concept we learned in class reflects heavily on this concept of making goals for ourselves. The best goals are SMART goals.

SMART-

Specific: Is the goal specific, sensible, and/or significant?
Measurable: Is it motivating and/or meaningful?
Attainable: Is it achievable and agreeable?
Realistic: Is it reasonable?
Time Bound: Can it be done in a given amount of time?


For my goal, its specific in that I explicitly state the method to which I will be improving my programming abilities. Its measurable, in that it is what I want to do to better myself and my career path (motivating). The development of an application through independent work is achievable and it is also reasonable with the set amount of time.

Consider your goals the SMART way. (Consider career and/or personal goals.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Growth Mindset: My Experience

Dream Job

STEM